On October 25th, 2015, NACOPRW Miami members and relatives gathered at the Oleta River State Park to enjoy the North Miami beach breeze and eat at the annual picnic.
For lunch and dinner, we ate a good variety of Puerto Rican food such as alcapurrias, balaitos, pinonons, and the classic arroz con poyo. Those who had room for dessert tried some arroz con leche (rice pudding).
Other than food, attendees brought instruments such as a guitar, maracas, and a guido to play and sing along together.
Then Zoraida Seguinot (the president of 2015) finished off the picnic by announcing the new NACOPRW Miami board members of 2016/2017, when judge Liliana proceeded to swear them in.
Below, judge Liliana is speaking to the new board members, and swearing them in for the 2016/2017 term.
NACOPRW Miami Board Members of 2016/2017
- Betzaida Ferrer – Alternate Delegate
- Evelyn Martinez – Alternate Delegate
- Iris Corchado – Delegate
- Zoraida Seguinot – Delegate
- Maria-Cristina Perez – Vice Treasurer
- Norah Venegas – Treasurer
- Carmen Pedrogo – Recording Secretary
- Lucy DelValle Noriega – 2nd Vice President
- Norah Smith – 1st Vice President
- Nydia Cabrera – President